Defending Your Receivable is Our Mission
Legal assistance between Hong Kong and Mainland China has become more and more extensive in recent years. Signed on 18 January 2019, the "Arrangement on Reciprocal Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters by the Courts of the Mainland and of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region" enables judgments made in Hong Kong to be enforced in Mainland China. Henceforth, by understanding the Mainland's litigation process and legal system, Hong Kong businessmen and foreign investors could leverage this new agreement to mitigate default risks and to protect the businesses when encountering commercial disputes. In this seminar, the speaker will share notable issues relevant to this new agreement when trading and doing business in Mainland China.
• 2019 New Agreement: "Arrangement on Reciprocal Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters by the Courts of the Mainland and of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region"
- Covers both monetary and non-monetary reliefs
- Excludes judgments on corporate insolvency, debt restructuring, and personal insolvency
- Skips the process to re-litigate cases; saves time and legal costs
• Common mistakes in drafting a contract
- Missing official company/corporate seal
- Signature not by an authorized agent or representative
- Unclear delivery location, delivery method and/or service scopes
- Resolution causes of indemnification, breach of contract and contract dispute
• How could creditors protect their own rights and interests?
- Ways to extend the statute of limitation
• Assets search and enforcement procedure in China
Norris Chan, Senior Consultant, Receivable Management Services (HK) Ltd
Norris Chan has over 30 years of hands-on experience in the debt collection industry. As a veteran debt receivable practitioner, Chan and his team have managed portfolios exceeding billions of US dollars. He is a popular speaker and has conducted over a thousand seminars in Greater China.
Date and Time
15 July 2021 (15:00 to 17:30)
HKGCC Chamber Theatre
22/F United Centre
Ms. Wing Lau 22018296 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking through RMS only HK$380 per person
Download Booking Form
Photo by Jeffrey Swanson on Unsplash
© 2022 Receivable Management Services (HK), Ltd, an iQor Company All rights reserved.