A few companies in Mainland China might have been unable to operate normally, or even turned into bankruptcy due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic. Yet, crises can turn into new opportunities - we believe that new investment opportunities will inevitably emerge after the pandemic. In this seminar, the speakers will explore the issues of business operation in China, they will tell participants how to choose China business partners, how to remit profit from China, and talk about the related tax issues.
Today, the Covid-19 situation is further improved, the Chinese Government State Council has adopted a range of fiscal and financial policies to stabilize industrial and supply chains, boost consumption and investment, and ensure energy security to gear the post-pandemic economic recovery. How can the Hong Kong business community make profit in the China's economy while reducing the risk of bad debts? In this seminar, speakers will also share their collection experience as well as the Bad Debt Collection Index and the big data on China enterprises' payment capabilities, provide participants with useful strategies to prevent accounts receivable crises.
Part I: Accounts Receivable Risk
1. "Bad Debt Collection Rate Index" of China major industries
2. IQOR RMS big data analyzes the payment capabilities and trends of China enterprises
3. Status of accounts receivable in arrears of China enterprises
4. How to make the most recent accounts receivable recover on time without affecting the old accounts receivable
5. How to know the latest operational risks of China partners thoroughly
6. How to create the accounts receivable recovery process under the pandemic
Part II: Tax Risk
7. The company structure of your China business partner
8. Profit repatriation from China
9. Ways of cooperation with business partners in China
10. Importance of Hong Kong tax resident company
Coronavirus Containment Measure
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, we kindly ask that all event participants wear a mask when attending the event.
- Attendees, who feel unwell are advised against in-person attendance at the Chamber. If attendees are required to undergo compulsory testing, please kindly bring along a negative PCR or RAT test result when attending physically.
- To prevent the spread of Covid-19, food and beverages will not be provided during the event.
- All visitors must scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code at the entrance and undergo body temperature checks.
Norris Chan, Senior Consultant ‒ Receivable Management Services (HK) Ltd
Norris Chan has over 30 years of hands-on experience in the debt collection industry. As a veteran debt receivable practitioner, Norris and his team have managed cross-border portfolios exceeding billions of US dollars in various industries including finance, telecommunication, and manufacturing. He is a popular speaker and has conducted over a thousand seminars in Greater China. His clients include Canton Trade Fair, ET Business College, HKU SPACE, etc.
Henry Kwong, Tax Partner ‒ Cheng & Cheng Taxation Services Ltd
Henry Kwong started his first career in the corporate tax department of a big 4 accounting firm. As a Tax Partner in Cheng & Cheng, Henry and his team are expertise in taxation of Greater China and international, as well as the area of transfer pricing, providing clients with comprehensive tax planning solutions. Henry is regular speaker at various professional associations including Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Taxation Institute of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute, Society of Chinese Accountants and Auditors. He is also a contributor of tax articles on various media and magazines, including Capital magazine, A Plus magazine (journal of HKICPA), CGj magazine (journal of HKCGI), Yahoo Finance, etc.
Date and Time
18 August 2022 (15:00 to 17:30)
HKGCC Chamber Theatre
22/F United Centre
Ms. Wing Lau 22018296 / email@example.com
Booking through RMS only HK$380 per person
Download Booking Form
Photo by Jeffrey Swanson on Unsplash
© 2023 Receivable Management Services (HK), Ltd, an iQor Company All rights reserved.